Benefits of having the Online Patient Account
Having an Online Patient Account (in Polish: “Internetowe Konto Pacjenta”) grants access to individual information on:
- e-prescriptions, e-referrals
- the right to healthcare services
- services provided to the Patient under the National Health Fund
- medical devices and medicines (along with the possible refund amount)
- the dosage of prescribed medicines
In addition to access to information, it also offers the possibility of:
- obtaining a prescription for medications without the need to see a doctor (if treatment is continued)
- receiving notifications about issued e-prescriptions and codes to get them filled in a pharmacy
- receiving a prescription from a nurse or midwife – both after a traditional visit and after a telephone consultation
- authorization of a third party to access the Patient’s medical data
How to set up your Online Patient Account
In order to set up an Online Patient Account, you should:
- Create a Trusted Profile (a PESEL number is required)
Setting up a Trusted Profile can be done online, at the Tax Office, at a branch of the National Health Fund (NFZ) or at a branch of the Social Insurance Institution (ZUS).
- Go to the website patient.gov.pl
- Open the “Online Patient Account” tab.
- Log in.
- Select “My Account” in the top right corner, press “Edit your details” and enter your phone number and / or email address.