Benefits of using the Online Patient Account
The Online Patient Account (in Polish: “Internetowe Konto Pacjenta”) grants access to individual information on:
- e-prescriptions, e-referrals
- the dosage of prescribed medicines
- patient’s history of doctor’s appointments
- ZLA sick leaves
- health insurance applications
- COVID-19 test results and the quarantine/self-isolation dates
- received doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and the QR code (after the second dose)
In addition to access to information, it also offers the possibility of:
- filling out and submitting a declaration of choice of a primary health physician/nurse/midwife
- applying for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
- receiving notifications about issued e-prescriptions and codes to get them filled in a pharmacy
- receiving notifications about issued e-referrals and their codes
- authorization of a third party to access the Patient’s medical data
How to get an access to your Online Patient Account
In order to use an Online Patient Account, you should:
- Create a Trusted Profile (a PESEL number is required).
Setting up a Trusted Profile can be done online, at the Tax Office, at a branch of the National Health Fund (NFZ) or at a branch of the Social Insurance Institution (ZUS).
- Go to the website patient.gov.pl
- Open the “Online Patient Account” tab.
- Log in.
- Select “My Account” in the top right corner, press “Edit your details” and enter your phone number and / or email address to receive codes of e-prescriptions and e-referrals.